We all love a breakfast snack, right? Well, this is the best Great Britain has to offer featuring three iconic English ingredients. It is not for the faint-hearted as it features both Colemans mustard and Worcestershire sauce. These elements are guaranteed to add spice to an otherwise dull melted cheese dish. If you live in Texas or Ohio these English breakfast crumpets with cheddar cheese are a must before you have a hard day at the ranch or body shop!
English crumpets with cheddar cheese. The Ingredients:
4 English Crumpets.
4 slices mild cheddar cheese, thickly sliced (other cheddar can be used but mild is better than mature or white cheddar).
3 tablespoon(s) Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce (generic Worcestershire sauce does not have the same bite and tang).
Colemans English mustard. It must be Colemans for the “Zing”. None of your mild French mustard nonsense!
- Serves: 2
- Place the crumpet under a medium grill, until the bottom side is toasted golden brown
- Lightly score the cheddar cheese diagonally. Turn the bread over and grill for a minute. Do not let the crumpet turn brown at this stage. Place the slices of cheese on the bread ensuring that the crumpet is well-covered with cheese
- Leave until the cheese starts to melt then drizzle on 3 tablespoons of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
- Place under the grill until the cheese is bubbling and turning golden brown. Then add the mustard and grill for a further 30 seconds allowing the mustard and cheese to mix
- Voila! English breakfast crumpets with cheddar cheese. Serve immediately with butter and British breakfast tea
Thought you knew everything about “The Beatles” 1964 Ed Sullivan appearance? You just may be wrong http://www.englishmanlovesamerica.com/the-beatles-on-the-ed-sullivan-show-10-obscure-facts-you-probably-didnt-know/
Just what is it with American supermarkets? http://www.englishmanlovesamerica.com/american-supermarkets-suck/